#Mastodon really is an /absolute blessing/ for me.
Being able to respond to things when I can.
To walk away from the computer for a bit without anyone wondering where I suddenly went.
To stop, think, formulate replies with no Social Time Limit – no "think fast, come up with something, now, now – too late, now everyone's wondering why you haven't said anything".
Email does this too. But email's... /intimidating/. Letters weren't designed for informal conversation.
@lucidiot lol wut how do you have -1 followers
For two years the police budget was flatlined. No cuts, just no new spending. In response, TPS stopped enforcing any traffic laws.
Traffic duty is punishment for them. It means you don't get to be out on minority hunting duty.
long post, UNIX meme
worse is better
- does everything in sh or C99
- deraadt@ was right
- loathes DEs
- doesn't have a mouse
- exclusively uses the ISC license
- doesn't code
- uses GNOME
- knows how to use the terminal, avoids it anyway
- no idea how the debian foundation works
- not really interested in open source
- thinks (A)GPL is anti-corporate
- social democrat
- either an extremely competent programmer or an absolutely abysmal one
- insists GNU programs are well-designed
- does everything in emacs
- aware debian is a bureaucracy, doesn't seem to think that's a problem
- rms defender
- dual-boots with windows
- does everything in chrome
- allergic to the terminal
- likely to turn into another type
- fresh off ubuntu or macos
- unsure why they're unhappy with their setup
- will suffer a bizarre crash and switch to another type
- doesn't understand arch is a disaster waiting to happen
- thinks arch is simple
- likes the AUR
- has never compiled something in their life
- tried most of the popular distros, dislikes them for various reasons
- just thinks void linux is the "least bad"
- gamer but won't admit it
- doesn't tinker as much as they claim to
- dislikes source-based distros
eclectic gentoo user
- constantly tinkering
- wishes emerge wasn't in python
- max LTO config
- doesn't talk about their setup
- generally pleasant
- 10 minutes from putting freebsd on their laptop
- mostly uses open-source programs
- trying their hardest
- maintains a couple personal open-source projects
- gopher protocol
- too smart for their own good
- runs several servers in their free time
- spends 10 hours automating for a 2-hour timesave
- never not logged into lobste.rs
- seemingly has a CI workflow for everything they do
- sentenced to the lowest circle of hell
hey im LickTheCheese, im a student studying to be a Software Dev and as you can probably tell i dont like to use apostrophes.
masto instance for the tildeverse